George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

+22
amaretti
Dior
What Would He Say
Katiedot
ldg
Merlin
Sevens
LizzyNY
Atalante
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
globalchick
pandabear
premiere
Maggy
Cece42
annemarie
PigPen
/
Silje
Donnamarie
Nicky80
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 01 Nov 2014, 20:56

Please quote the entire statement if you're going to use it to call someone out.

This is what Katiedot wrote:

If it makes you feel better to trash someone for not being beautiful when their looks are the least important thing about them, then what a sorry excuse for a human being you must be.

Her statement starts with "If." And the entire first part is a qualifier. She did not say anyone was a sorry excuse for a human being. She said that if that person meets the qualification (feeling better over trashing someone whose looks are the least important thing about them), then that that person is a sorry excuse. If that person doesn't do that, then there is no need for him/her -- or anyone compelled to defend him/her -- to feel insulted, now is there?

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Sat 01 Nov 2014, 21:00

Yeah Right

Thanks way2old4dis......you explained it well  Thumbs up! Or shall i say you translated the english well in english HAHAHA
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 01 Nov 2014, 21:02

There are more arguments, but hey ... don't exhaust yourself Way2.  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 21:17

I truly don't understand the out right hate towards Amal. She has done nothing and said nothing to anyone here. All She has done is marry a man who loves her and who she loves. And according to both families they do love each other, and these people know them both better than anyone here.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 01 Nov 2014, 21:32

If you disagree with other posters I can't see the need to verbal attack them and belittle them. That is mean! And hating the "haters" doesn't make you a better person.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:02

Just because the families say this is true love doesn't make it so, just like George's friends aren't going to say anything negative for fear of hurting George or Amal for that matter.

Because a few people on here are not Amal lovers as so many of you are doesn't make them haters, I would love to have seen what you all would have said if he had married Stacey or Elisabetta, but he didn't, so why can't everyone just give their opinions without being called names.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:21

annemarie wrote:I truly don't understand the out right hate towards Amal. She has done nothing and said nothing to anyone here. All She has done is marry a man who loves her and who she loves. And according to both families they do love each other, and these people know them both better than anyone here.
You are the one using the "hate" word. There's a big difference between not liking what you see about a person and hating them. Let's not exaggerate, please.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:29

I wouldn't have had a problem with any of the others if he married them. He chose to marry who he wanted that was his choice. For me the things i'm seeing said seem like hate . Maybe things could be said in a better way than they have been.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:38

So basically George and Amals families don't know them enough to know if they are in love. And total strangers on the web know more than the people close to them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 01 Nov 2014, 22:47

OK I think everybody made they point and everybody understood. But now we start to analyse each word from each other and go in circles here.

I think we all agree everyone can share opinions here. Sometimes we like it and sometimes not but I think the most issue is not the opinion somebody expresses in this forum the issue is here how they communicate it.

Communication and express themselves the way you want to be understood is not always easy......Everyone reads and understand your words differently...that's why sometimes we end up in an argumentation/conversation like this one now.

Everybody has been heard and everybody who felt like to comment on it did. Now, as I believe we go in circles now. Let's stop here, accept what has been said from each of you and let's move on now. And yes as stupid as it may now sounds like but "Let's get back on Topic".

Thank you
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 23:14

I think there is somebody for everybody on that list.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 02 Nov 2014, 01:42

I was drawn to a thread I think called "locked up threads" because someone posted there. Well, I read the previous posts on that thread and they all pretty much pertained to comments made about Amal after she and George had their first dinner together. This woman, Amal, has been pretty much raked over the coals since she first appeared in George s life. Those posters who have criticized her from the start have used every description and word to denigrate her except the word hate. But the remarks are nonetheless hateful. Very hateful.

Nicky80 I know I should just have let it be but I didn't get to read all this crap until tonight and I had to respond.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sun 02 Nov 2014, 14:24

Sevens wrote:

"prior to that he traveled with her to Greece on a work trip"

THAT says it all. Work trip indeed

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:08

I actually like what she wears most of the time. I liked her corny, edgy look before the stylist. And yes I do think she has a stylist and probably a personal shopper too. She is now a Hollywood Celebrity Wife. I think her best outfit so far is the white Stella McCarty pant suit with the white hat that she wore for the legal cermony in Venice. And I think she look stunning in some of the photos from that day. She has an edgy strong-featured face that makes her look beautiful in some photos and ugly in others. She has to watch her angles in photos and probably looks better in videos. I'm not really surprised she was on the list. A lot of work has gone into making her a fashion icon. I don't know how everyone else on the list dresses but I doubt anyone else has had that much publicity this year about their outfits.  So I think she should win. 

This is just my opinion of course. But since I am supremely self-confident like Amal, I am always right!
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:21

I'm SO out of it...I've never even heard
of The British Fashion Award.
And I'm here in UK. lol!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:26

Interesting...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:29

I don't quite understand why Amal is always the one everyone has such a strong opinion about. Does anyone ever comment on George's grey eyebrows or the casamigos shirt he ALWAYS wears (it's ugly by the way)?  Does anyone ever talk about how cliché it is that when he finally marries again, he picked someone who is smart, beautiful and YOUNG? No, you don't. Maybe you think them but you don't say them. Or maybe I missed these discussions but anyway, these opinions are not repeated but every little thing about Amal is picked on. I haven't always raved about Amal either but I don't put someone down because they can't defend themselves. I think that women should support other women and be glad when they're high profile on a professional level. And I think a lot of the bad comments have to do with jealousy.
I know this is off topic but I just wanted to say this. Smile

/

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Nov 2014, 15:36

Oh Codexchick, you have so many miles of threads left to read, don't you?  There are hundreds, maybe thousands of threads/posts solely devoted to criticize, chastise, demoralize, etc., George's actions and looks over the years.  This forum was started for the love of George, but since day 1, George has been picked apart, put back together and picked apart again.  It's just now Amal's turn as she is the newbie on the block.  Almost no one is immune to disparate treatment here.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 02 Nov 2014, 19:37

melbert wrote:Oh Codexchick, you have so many miles of threads left to read, don't you?  There are hundreds, maybe thousands of threads/posts solely devoted to criticize, chastise, demoralize, etc., George's actions and looks over the years.  This forum was started for the love of George, but since day 1, George has been picked apart, put back together and picked apart again.  It's just now Amal's turn as she is the newbie on the block.  Almost no one is immune to disparate treatment here.
Well, I didn't know that. I'm quite new to the forum so... I just don't understand why certain people have joined this forum, if they only want to say negative things all the time. What's the point?

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 02 Nov 2014, 19:51

There is no point. it is just the way it is.  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Nov 2014, 20:52

There are many people who are "members", but never post.  They come to read about George and all the rest that IS George.  The people who do post are VERY diverse.  Some are madly in love with George and will never utter a disparaging word.  Others are "meh" about him, but still come to read and engage in the banter.  Then there are some who post whose sole purpose is to rile up the others and then the barbs start.  I don't know, or understand, what their goal is.  It's just a forum for us to cuss and discuss George and his world.  I love coming here and reading ALL the posts.  Many I don't agree with, but I refuse to lower myself to the level that some seem to wallow in.  I've been a George fan for many, many years.  Do I agree with all his choices and ways?  NO.  But, as many have said, it's his life and his choices.  Will I UNfan myself because I don't agree with his choices?  HELL NO!  And, I also come here to read all your posts and opinions from near and far.  I've also learned a helluva lot about different countries and customs.  Yay George!  king

Sorry Katie, and mods, WAY off topic...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 02 Nov 2014, 21:18

Thanks Mel for that.  to me we have diverse group.

One thing than bugs me are the posters so 100% pro Amal to point of blinkers on all the time. Who arrived here after engagement. Did they not know George Clooney before he met Amal?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Nov 2014, 21:18

Joanna wrote:I'm SO out of it...I've never even heard
of The British Fashion Award.
 Same here.  

I'm assuming (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that this is just another iteration of these silly 'best dressed' awards and lists that seem to have sprung up like mushrooms after the rain?  The British Fashion Council can't have such a long list of British people to nominate every year so I guess Amal must have come like a god-send to them.  I don't mean this in a bad way at all; it's just that we're a small country and there are only so many women and men in the public eye who'd qualify.

Alisonfan wrote:One thing than bugs me are the posters so 100% pro Amal to point of blinkers on all the time. Who arrived here after engagement. Did they not know George Clooney before he met Amal?
Possibly not. Generally people tend to follow a celebrity for some years then move on or whatever. When he was dating Stacy Keibler there were many posters who had no idea of the high levels of vitriol that Sarah Larson got from fans, and many were oblivious of the vitriol that Elisabetta got from fans.

The only real difference now is that there really isn't a lot to complain about with Amal. Sure, if someone doesn't like the clothes she wears, the expression on her face, her "ugly" looks and so on they might say so, but let's be honest: so what? These aren't important in any way, shape or form. So why say it?

I don't like Amal. I probably never will. I don't have any particular reason for the dislike; I simply don't warm to her and I don't get the feeling and she and George are truly, madly, deeply in love. That's my problem and I'll get over it but the fact that I don't like her doesn't give me the right to bitch about her. I'd love to, and truly I can make grown men cry when my sharp claws come out, so you can bet that the things I'd like to say about Amal would be cutting and (hopefully) funny. But I don't because what does that make me?

There's a reason I wrote in the house rules that what people say about George (and especially his girlfriend) says more about the poster than it does about George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:17

Katie- We're in the same boat. Unfortunately (fortunately?) some of us don't have your self-control. I try, but sometimes it's just too hard to stay stumm. Besides, how boring would it be if we all agreed all the time or always used our best manners? Sometimes you've just got to let it out and clear the air. IMO, some of the funniest comments on the site have come from someone letting their inner bitch out for an airing.  Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:56

I don't think it's we have blinkers on but for me she is the woman that George chose his life his choice. What is the point of tearing her apart all the time. She has done nothing in my eyes to deserve such nasty treatment. People will use her name to get attention would we even be discussing this event if she hadn't been added. No we wouldn't , somehow she is blamed and she hasn't done a thing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2