George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home

+20
Missa
Carla97
Sevens
theminis
LizzyNY
Mazy
Maggy
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
Joanna
Picachu
Alisonfan
Cece42
Butterfly
lelacorb
fava
Rose
Nicky80
annemarie
melbert
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home

Post by Picachu Fri 16 May 2014, 05:55

I actually thought that the woman George marries would get some respect and not be treated so harshly especially as she is not a celebrity but wow was I wrong, very sad to read all the comments, infact at times hard to read, I've had to come away a few times. This woman does not deserve this, she's only the future wife, we should respect his choice and leave them be, it's their life not ours and she is her own person and an adult who can do and wear what she pleases and not be sucked in to the senseless fashion crap that some people. Seem to think is so important.

I went on to the dm website last night and the top 3 headlines were of people being killed in accidents or murdered, there really is so much more important things going on in the world that worrying about the type of jeans someone wears while not at work and who has been sitting on a plane for god knows how many hours is well sad really.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney’s fiancée Amal Alamuddin cuts a stylish figure at a beauty salon after she is showered with engagement gifts from friends and family at her London home

Post by Joanna Fri 16 May 2014, 06:42

"I actually thought that the woman George marries would get some respect and not be treated so harshly especially as she is not a celebrity but wow was I wrong, very sad to read all the comments"

Thank you Picachu...those are my thoughts too. But you have expressed them so much better than I could.
 flower 
I just get pissed off and want to insult the posters who've written immature catty things.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 16 May 2014, 08:56

Picachu je comprends à quoi vous faites allusion
you´d think so etc.

But

First about respect. Commonly demanded. It doesn´t work that way that we expect or demand it beacuse of this and that ("I´m the boss", "I´m his wife", "I´m the president of" or what ever). Happens a lot, but always and always respect is earned.

If it´s gone here, it is for the very obvious reasons.

If you become material for entertainment "news" then people will judge you pretty much based on how you look. Nothing new here either.

It´s starting to look like a bad year for him. But doesn´t have to be. People forget so fast. It´s still possible to go back to square one, which is the beginning. It was good, promising, but lately there has been serious overkill. All too revealing. Something to think about for sure.

But I agree with you, it has been a disappointment.

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 May 2014, 09:08

Totally agree, Picachu. But not at all surprised. Sad, isn't it? That's why I used the words 'character assassination, but that's usually based on the fact that you know that person!

Some of the magazine and website posts are worse, but thankfully it's balanced by others posting 'leave her alone' etc

Something that might cheer you up is the first post of the Perez Hilton article - that is, if it hasn't been superceded by abuse...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 16 May 2014, 12:01

I think a lot of the things that are said are really horrible it makes no sense to me. I like Amal and wish them a long and happy life together. The fact is she is engaged to a movie star it should be expected that she will get crap , she is marrying in to his crazy world. We have discussed the way all the women he has dated dressed. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I do agree there are more important things in the world, but I come here to get a way from the horror stories.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Fri 16 May 2014, 12:25

Well, the nastiest things are written by two new members who seem to support each other or perhaps they are the same person, and I think when you allow yourself to write horrible things about someone, then it doesn't matter whose your target, because you allowed yourself to go that low, and it only reflects on the writers not whom they attack...

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 16 May 2014, 12:29

Yeah, I think we can safely say the truly outrageously negative posts are coming from the new wackadoos (if there are really more than one). Easiest thing is to just block them from your feed. And then block the new names they register under Wink 
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 16 May 2014, 13:39

As katie likes to keep this forum/site open blocking new members just because they make negative comments won't happen.  But what will happen is that folks will be banned if they don't follow the rules and become abusive to other posters.

Just a good reminder to check out the posting guidelines for the site and especially for the girlfriends (and now I guess fiancé) section.

As others (and I) have said, those who post particularly nasty comments only show us all how pathetic their lives must be that they have to try to tear down someone that don't know and who they most likely will never meet.

Forum rules can be found here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guidelines for the girlfriend's threads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 16 May 2014, 13:52

Picachu wrote:I actually thought that the woman George marries would get some respect and not be treated so harshly especially as she is not a celebrity but wow was I wrong, very sad to read all the comments, infact at times hard to read, I've had to come away a few times. This woman does not deserve this, she's only the future wife, we should respect his choice and leave them be, it's their life not ours and she is her own person and an adult who can do and wear what she pleases and not be sucked in to the senseless fashion crap that some people. Seem to think is so important.

I went on to the dm website last night and the top 3 headlines were of people being killed in accidents or murdered, there really is so much more important things going on in the world that worrying about the type of jeans someone wears while not at work and who has been sitting on a plane for god knows how many hours is well sad really.
Agree there are much more important things going on in the world. But this is a movie star fan site. It is trivial compared to serious world affairs by its very nature. Where George is at a given moment, what he looks like or who he marries is insignificant.

I do not think there is any reason to be vicious--and I thought that about Canalis and Keibler too and they got a lot more criticism--but I think she can take a little criticism of her fashion choices. I criticize the fashion choices of people I love all the time (mostly in my head as I send my teen girls off to school). She will probably get a lot more criticism for her career choices. If she is smart (and I think she is--althought intellectual smarts and emotional strength do not always go hand in hand) she will not even pay attention to any of it and live her life and make whatever choices she wants and not change who she is for the media or Clooney. If she is fragile with little sense of who she is (and I don't think she is) then she is making a big mistake by stepping into the limelight with him. It comes with the territory and I don't think it can be avoided. I know women like Matt Damon's wife do to some extent, but he was not the big "ladies man" that George was so the woman he is with is not as much a part of the equation.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 May 2014, 14:17

I'm stating the obvious here.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what anyone says about Amal, either on here or elsewhere.

George is Her Man. Period.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 16 May 2014, 14:25

Well he will be when he marries her.

Wonder what the Vegas odds makers are saying about whether or not he'll actually do the deed.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 16 May 2014, 17:34

No disrespect to Amal or anyone on this forum, but I wonder if she is really so unused to publicity. As was pointed out to me by posters here, Amal is a celebrity in the UK, though I assume not on the same level as GC, or perhaps not in the same way. Granted it is much more intense now, but I suspect that will subside after they get married. IMO. the attention doesn't seem to bother her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 16 May 2014, 20:05

Well I don't like AA or dislike her. How could I, I only know what the media says, which is so accurate, NOT. I however don't choose to belittle myself by tearing her apart all I care about is that George is happy.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 May 2014, 20:46

I don't think Amal is regarded as a "celebrity" 
here in UK. That expression is reserved mainly for people in show business.

She's highly regarded in her profession as a lawyer and has been 
called a "Hot Lawyer" in a blog that's written by someone in her profession only.

Not criticising just explaining.
Although pan can do it better than me really !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Fri 16 May 2014, 20:51

Mazy wrote:Well I don't like AA or dislike her. How could I, I only know what the media says, which is so accurate, NOT. I however don't choose to belittle myself by tearing her apart all I care about is that George is happy.

I love this post. I gave you the green hand for this Mazy (a vote Very Happy ) Also, I love the word "belittle", never heard it before, but it sounds poetic to me.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 16 May 2014, 21:42

Thanks Butterfly
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 16 May 2014, 22:16

I agree Mazy. Love George. Still unsure about Amal. As long as he is happy, I don't give a shit about her day to day life.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Fri 16 May 2014, 22:21

I think that Amal is an attractive woman. She dresses fine. Her outfit on the plane was a bit much but you do want to be comfortable on a long flight. Perhaps more of a casual look rather than tattered would have created less negative comments. She needs to find her own way with all the paps and attention to every little detail about her life. She has been in the public eye some considering the clients she has represented, however, she now needs to contend with being the wife of a man who hasn't had any privacy for decades! I also think that George's fans as well as the public who are interested in general would just like to get to know her a bit. George is well liked and I think people want to like her, however, it is difficult as there is not a peep out of her or them about anything. Perhaps this is simply what should be done to avoid any further intrusion into their private lives by strangers. It can't be easy dealing with all of this attention that she has had.
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2