George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
 George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin

+6
Cece42
Carla97
Joanna
LornaDoone
Nicky80
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin Empty George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 May 2014, 12:54

Obviously the Malay Mail has the inside track on George Clooney's private life. Ahem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal

MAY 6, 2014

LONDON, May 6 — George Clooney’s pursuit of Amal Alamuddin was reportedly “old-fashioned courtship”.

The 53-year-old Hollywood heartthrob is engaged to British lawyer Amal but those close to the couple say that the relationship was close to never happening. Amal was not initially enamoured with George’s advances, reportedly refusing to give him her phone number and turning him down for a date.

“This was an old-fashioned courtship: George had to do all the chasing, which is something he hasn’t ever needed to do,” an insider divulged to British magazine Grazia.

“It seems no one turns George down for a date. When he finally managed to persuade her to join him, not on a date but to talk about their shared interest in humanitarian work, Amal found out there was much more to him than she first realised. George is smart, he’s incredibly principled and he uses his fame to try and make a real difference.”

The pair is first thought to have met in September, with rumours of their engagement surfacing last month. Doughty Street Chambers, the law firm Amal works for, recently confirmed the happy news while George’s close pal Matt Damon also offered his congratulations.

For many years George has been thought of as an eternal bachelor, with a string of high profile relationships fizzling out. And while some see Amal as taming The Monuments Men star, insiders say that was never her intention.

“Amal is the talk of the A-list for getting Hollywood’s most elusive bachelor, but the irony is she wasn’t even trying. They were just having a cosy dinner at home, talking about some of the issues Amal had been dealing with at work when George decided to do it,” the source added.

“He’s blown away by her passion, her brains and the sheer force of her will. Frankly, he’s been worried that someone else would snap her up if he didn’t act, so he produced the ring and, much to his relief, she said yes.” — Cover Media
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin Empty Re: George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin

Post by Nicky80 Tue 06 May 2014, 13:02

Oh again this "played hard to get" story....FUNNY.....I think george said before that he had woman before turning him down. But they make it look so different now.

I feel entertaint   Woo hooo!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin Empty Re: George Clooney ‘chased’ Amal Alamuddin

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 May 2014, 13:04

Yeah. If I were George, I'd actually be offended at all these stories that he's too dumb to figure out a woman playing hard to get. I'd bet that that's the most common tactic he faces in his life.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 06 May 2014, 19:49

I've been around him  -  I wasn't playing hard to get  - I completely lost all abilty to speak.  No seriously, went fucking mute!  Yea, me Lorna the gal who doesn't hesitate to tell you what she thinks.    

Must have looked like a deer in the headlights to him cause all I could do was stare!  

But I tell ya, he's He's THAT gorgeous in person.  

So he either gets the gals who titter around him - you know what I mean all giggly like school girls.

Or he gets the really forward gals who make it quite plain that they will drop their panties in an instant (whether married or not cause their husbands know George says come - they're going) *cough*
Spoiler:
*cough*.

Or he gets the sly ones who think they're pulling the wool over his eyes with the bait and switch "Oh no George, I'm not interested in marriage or children" when in reality they want both!  Just about every girlfriend in the last oh, 15 years or so.

I think what he got was a person who is direct and was telling the truth when she said she was too busy to go out with him on those first couple of times he asked her out.

Good for her.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 06 May 2014, 19:58

Oh Lorna this made me laugh  Yahooooo 

"Must have looked like a deer in the headlights to him cause all I could do was stare! "
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 06 May 2014, 20:13

Lorna....have you written about your 
"being around him" experience ?
I'd love to hear it from you if you're prepared to 
do that ?
I'll never get that chance but enjoy sharing 
others experiences.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 06 May 2014, 21:12

Katiedot wrote:Yeah.  If I were George, I'd actually be offended at all these stories that he's too dumb to figure out a woman playing hard to get.  I'd bet that that's the most common tactic he faces in his life.

I couldn´t agree with you more.
Nevertheless, These tactics work (if they were applied). It´s amazing.

If all the guys would know what and where their "academic" girlfriends were surfing, they would be surprised, really surprised LOL
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 06 May 2014, 21:37

Hmmmm I am trying to find the article that said Amal flirted shamelessly with George when she first met him.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 07 May 2014, 00:11

Platonic group dinner to engagement in 7 months. Really hard to get. George must be exhausted from that chase.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 07 May 2014, 01:15

We get it, George is to be married to the smartest women in the universe. Who we never heard of before!

Please now stop the pussy whipping. We get it, he is lucky to be Mr Allamuddin, as her father said today.

BTW, when does she go back to being as "well known" as she was pre-Mr Cloony-Allamuddin.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 07 May 2014, 05:17

What's the old saying, he chased her until she caught him !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Wed 07 May 2014, 05:49

Hahaha cece42 that is so true in this case.
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Wed 07 May 2014, 08:52

1. How does telling someone twice " your too busy " equate to playing hard too get.

2. The girl is a barrister, that has walked and talked with with world leaders, high profile people. Part of their training in this field is to manipulate/twist the truth for the benefit their clients, hold their feelings in check and not give the game away, so it is quite 'understandable' that she would be 'unimpressed' by him.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down