George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee

+6
LornaDoone
Katiedot
Joanna
Picachu
party animal - not!
Nicky80
10 posters

Go down

Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    Empty Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee

Post by Nicky80 Sun 04 May 2014, 11:40

This was found by PAN, thanks for the find  Very Happy 

Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amal Alamuddin, as a fresher at Oxford University in 1996, with a dishevelled pony tail and little make-up

She is the beautiful and formidable human rights lawyer who has captured George Clooney’s heart. 

But this picture of Amal Alamuddin, taken in her first year at Oxford University, reveals that she hasn’t always been so polished. Taken on a sunny October day in 1996, when Miss Alamuddin was an 18-year-old undergraduate just embarking on her four-year law course at St Hugh’s College, the matriculation photograph is seen here for the first time.

Last year Miss Alamuddin, now 36, topped a list of the most beautiful barristers in London. But here, with her hair scraped into a messy ponytail, untamed eyebrows, little make-up and ribbon tie hastily pulled around her neck, the legal brain looks nothing like the fiancee of a Hollywood star.

Born in Beirut, Miss Alamuddin’s family fled to the UK when she was two to escape war in Lebanon. She attended Dr Challoner’s High School in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, before winning a place at St Hugh’s. 

When this freshers photo was taken, the actor, then 35, was melting hearts as Dr Doug Ross in hospital drama ER. By coincidence he was dating another law student, Frenchwoman Celine Balitran, after divor­cing his first wife, Talia Balsam.

Two weeks ago Mr Clooney proposed to Miss Alamuddin, seven months after meeting at a charity fundraiser.

A St Hugh’s contemporary told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Amal was one of the more glamorous freshers. She was tall and dark with luscious full lips.

She had a quiet confidence beyond her years. She had a tight-knit international  group of friends, who would descend on her room and chat into the early hours. 

‘She was a delightful girl, always friendly and charming. The freshers picture doesn’t really do her justice. She was very understated; she wasn’t walking around in designer clothes and I don’t think she had a car. She has blossomed into a great beauty.

Another former student in the same year as Miss Alamuddin recalled: ‘She was affluent but very down to earth. She did have a boyfriend at the time, a fellow student. She wasn’t a crazy party animal but certainly wasn’t a nerd either.’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    Empty Re: Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee

Post by party animal - not! Sun 04 May 2014, 13:04

Do we a pic anywhere of His Nibs at the same age?

I note Amal isn't a party animal, either!!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee    Empty Re: Then and now: The dishevelled Oxford undergraduate who became George Clooney's stunning fiancee

Post by Picachu Sun 04 May 2014, 14:06

pretty girl
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 May 2014, 14:38

party animal - not! wrote:

Do we a pic anywhere of His Nibs at the same age?

I note Amal isn't a party animal, either!!

I'm sure there's one somewhere pan.

All of these latest articles about Amal are very interesting 

and illuminating to me !

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 May 2014, 14:47

Picachu wrote:pretty girl
Yes she is here. I know it's absolutely none of my business but I'm really not liking what she's done to her eyebrows nowadays with that overarch. She looks so much better with these eyebrows IMO.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 04 May 2014, 14:51

I think too many people have over arched their eyebrows.

Amazing how one woman in Beverly Hills has changed the face of many.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 04 May 2014, 17:40

Yeah Beyonce has similar eyebrows like this too... seems to be the trend. Now everyone looks the same. I like it more natural... Very Happy  Like the eyebrows she has above are more "around" looks warmer
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 05 May 2014, 13:53

Well, I've tried several times now to upload a pic with no luck - I've been to the How-To section four times now - I have the pic saved on my comp, Browse, upload the middle link, but it just takes me back to the original box :/ Oh well.

For me, the resemblance of Amal to Anne Hathaway is remarkable - especially when I see this pic of her.

It looks eerily similar to Anne Hathaway before her makeover in The Princess Diaries!

Like I said, I had a side by side pic of the two, but can't get it to upload...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 05 May 2014, 14:01

Did you click on "host an image" it is the 8th icon from the right ( the 4th icon from Youtube counting from the right). Once you click there it ask to "choose a file" and you can select the picture from your PC.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 05 May 2014, 14:16

Yes. I pulled a pic off google, saved it to my desktop (maybe it needs to be saved somewhere else?)
Clicked "Browse", and "opened" the picture. I then get the box with the three urls in them. I click the "Copy" box for the middle link, and click "Upload". But then the original box pops up (where you browse for the file).
I'm not getting the box that asks if I want to allow it. I just keep getting the original "Host an image" box.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 05 May 2014, 14:27

Desktop is fine but maybe you did save the pic as URL instead of JPEG image? When you save it on your desktop as JPEG you do not need to click browse and open it. You can just go to host an image icon....

Can you send me the link? Maybe I can post it for you?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 05 May 2014, 14:34

It's saved as a .jpeg. When I go to the "Host an image" icon, the little box open and it says "Browse, etc." and I'm back where I started.

I'll try to pm the link where I got it from. I'd put it side by side to the existing one, but let me see if I can just get you the link Smile

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 05 May 2014, 14:43

mmmh maybe it is an error....

Anyway got your link. Below the pics. They looks really similar  Very Happy  

Amal Alamuddin

Anne Hathaway

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 05 May 2014, 15:04

Ah! Thanks Nicky!!!!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 05 May 2014, 18:57

I wish I looked like that when I'm "disheveled".
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 May 2014, 19:13

Yep! Wonder if the hairdresser can me the 'dishevelled' look

I think her eyes are a lot softer..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 06 May 2014, 15:11

I like the 18-year-old Amal
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sat 10 May 2014, 06:00

I think that she is stunning either way!!! She is going to make a beautiful bride! Love3
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down